Sony have just posted that they have begun rolling out the Android 4.3 update for both the Xperia Z Ultra and Z1 smartphones. The latest update includes all of the Android specific performance upgrades, bug fixes and features, however the are including updates to pretty much all of the Native Sony apps included with both devices (more info below). The Z Ultra will also be getting the Smart Social Camera that the Z1 had at launch as well.
The update roll out has already begun, so users should already begin to see it pop on their devices with carrier specific devices like always delayed until their networks push the update. Details on the update are below and you can check out the source link below for more information.
The features and changes in the update are as follows:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
- Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
Source: Sony Mobile Blog