HP are clearly focusing more efforts on design this year, but the HP Elite Slice is not only aimed at looking good, but also brings some decent modular capabilities to the office, with options for sleek one user builds, or more conference needed PC’s.
The base unit starts by offering up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processors, USB Type-C (3.1), USB 2.0, Ethernet, HDMI and DisplayPort, and finally a Headphone/Microphone jack. The Elite Slice is also the first commercial desktop that can be powered directly off a monitor using USB Type-C, however, not many monitors support such function just yet.
However, modulation is a big part of the Elite Slice, with extra components being easily added with the integrated USB Type-C like connector inside the device. While at launch the modules are limited to a HP ODD, and Audio Module.
The top of the unit also has different covers available, starting with the HP Collaboration Cover for Skype call control using the built-in capacitive buttons, and the HP Wireless Charging cover to charge devices that support wireless charging by simply placing the device on top of the PC.
The new HP Elite Slice arrives this month with a starting price tag of $700. Below are the official features and specs.
- HP Collaboration Cover: turns the desktop into a Microsoft Skype for Business phone for easy call management with capacitive touch keys.
- HP Wireless Charging Cover: wireless charging starts automatically upon contact to eliminate charging cables and ensure mobile phones and devices are powered, ready for use. The Wireless Charging Cover is expected to start shipping in the first half of 2017 and requires factory configuration.
- HP Audio Module: spoken word tuning makes virtual meetings and call experiences crisp and clear with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, 360 degree speaker design, dual-microphone array with range of five meters and HP Noise Cancellation software.
- HP ODD Module: for quick and easy back up or to archive files and access legacy content on CDs or DVDs.
Other features include:
- An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.
- HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry’s first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
- Up to 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs.
- Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
- Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPort™ to power multiple displays.